Posted in: Uncategorized
We expect our shoes to get worn out over time, but we forget that they also get dirty.
Sneakers are the worst culprits:with their rubber soles and manygrooves, they quickly get dirty. If you toss them in the wash, the cloth parts will get clean, but unfortunately the rubber stays just as dirty.
But don’t fret! We tried out four of the best cleaning hacks out there and have the results below!
1. Toothpaste And Water
- Using a new toothbrush, squeeze whatever toothpaste you keep on hand onto the toothbrush.
- Wet the toothbrush, then start scrubbing the dirty part of the shoe.
- Once it is sufficiently scrubbed, wipe off the shoe with a wet cloth.
2. Lemon Juice And Baking Soda
- Dip a toothbrush into lemon juice, then dip it into baking soda.
- Scrub the dirty shoe with the toothbrush.
- Once it’s scrubbed, wipe off the shoe with a wet cloth.
3. Hair Conditioner
- Squirt whatever hair conditioner you have on hand onto your shoe.
- Use a rough sponge to rub the conditioner into the rubber.
- Once you’ve scrubbed the shoe, wipe off any excess conditioner.
4. Wood Cleaner
- Pour some wood cleaner (make sure it’s nontoxic) into the cap of the bottle.
- Dip a toothbrush into the wood cleaner, then scrub it into the shoe.
- After it’s sudsy and fully rubbed in, wipe off the shoe with a wet cloth.
Be sure to watch the video below for step-by-step instructions, and
Thumbnail Source: Flickr
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.