Posted in: Uncategorized
1. “I am, he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. ‘I’m in love with you, and Im not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. Im in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that were all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth well ever have, and I am in love with you.”
– , John Green
2. “People are like cities: We all have alleys and gardens and secret rooftops and places where daisies sprout between the sidewalk cracks, but most of the time all we let each other see is is a postcard glimpse of a skyline or a polished square. Love lets you find those hidden places in another person, even the ones they didnt know were there, even the ones they wouldnt have thought to call beautiful themselves.”
– , Hilary T. Smith
3. “No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And thats the key. Its like a big pie chart, and the love in a relationship has to be the biggest piece. Love can make up for a lot.”
, Sarah Dessen
4. “I will love you forever; whatever happens. Till I die and after I die, and when I find my way out of the land of the dead, Ill drift about forever, all my atoms, till I find you again Ill be looking for you, every moment, every single moment. And when we do find each other again, well cling together so tight that nothing and no onell ever tear us apart. Every atom of me and every atom of you Well live in birds and flowers and dragonflies and pine trees and in clouds and in those little specks of light you see floating in sunbeams And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they wont just be able to take one, theyll have to take two, one of you and one of me.”
, Phillip Pullman
5. I love you also means I love you more than anyone loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that no one loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that I love no one else, and never have loved anyone else, and never will love anyone else.
, Jonathan Safran Foer
6. All his life he would hold this moment as exemplary of what love was. It was not wanting anything more, nor was it expecting people to exceed what they had just accomplished; it was simply feeling so complete.
– , John Irving
7. “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.”
– , Nicole Krauss
8. His examination revealed that he had no fever, no pain anywhere, and that his only concrete feeling was an urgent desire to die. All that was needed was shrewd questioningto conclude once again that the symptoms of love were the same as those of cholera.
, Gabriel Garca Mrquez
9. Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That’s what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side.
– , Lauren Oliver
10. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.
, J.K. Rowling
11. Passion makes a person stop eating, sleeping, working, feeling at peace. A lot of people are frightened because, when it appears, it demolishes all the old things it finds in its path.
No one wants their life thrown into chaos. That is why a lot of people keep that threat under control, and are somehow capable of sustaining a house or a structure that is already rotten. They are the engineers of the superseded.
Other people think exactly the opposite: they surrender themselves without a second thought, hoping to find in passion the solutions to all their problems. They make the other person responsible for their happiness and blame them for their possible unhappiness. They are either euphoric because something marvelous has happened or depressed because something unexpected has just ruined everything.
Keeping passion at bay or surrendering blindly to it – which of these two attitudes is the least destructive?
I don’t know.
, Paulo Coelho
12. “You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”
– , Margery Williams
13. A love story is not about those who lose their heart but about those who find that sullen inhabitant who, when it is stumbled upon, means the body can fool no one, can fool nothing not the wisdom of sleep or the habit of social graces. It is a consuming of oneself and the past.
, Michael Ondaatje
14. When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
, Paulo Coelho
Read more: http://thoughtcatalog.com/liz-james/2016/09/14-modern-literary-passages-that-beautifully-describe-every-part-of-love/
101 Elmers End Road
t 020 8659 7966
Copyright @ The Hair Dressers 2017.
Opulus Sombre by Nimbus Themes | Powered by WordPress